SHOW NOTES: Episode 38
It’s time to tackle the myth that weight loss is linear.
When you start losing weight, it actually doesn’t go down at a nice steady pace. Weight loss is a rollercoaster. The better prepared you are for the ride, the more you will enjoy it and stick with it.
On today’s show, Amanda Kaldor and I break down the stages of weight loss, including the ones where most women quit and why those stages are actually the WORST times to do so.
Check out today’s episode.
Thank you for tuning in! I’d love to chat more about this and any other nutrition questions you have over on Instagram (@rachelmeigsking)!
In this episode, we cover:
- The stages of weight loss
- Weight loss is not linear
- Why you shouldn’t give up during a weight loss “plateau”
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Interested in joining A Body of Grace 12 week program? Book a call here.
- Follow A Body of Grace on Instagram: @abodyofgrace
- Connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
- Want your official Caffeine, Protein, & Jesus merchandise? Shop here and use the code “BODYOFGRACE” at checkout.
- Subscribe to Amanda’s YouTube channel
- Want healthy lifestyle tips and encouragement? Join me over in my free Facebook community: Encouraging Christian Weight Loss
MORE ABOUT FEED YOURSELF: HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE MIND, BODY, & SOUL PODCAST:
Feed Yourself: Healthy Habits for the Mind, Body, & Soul is all about learning the key components of overall health based on Biblical principles. When most people think about getting in shape and becoming “healthy”, they immediately think about their physical health: losing weight, making exercise a priority, possessing flexibility and endurance, and remaining disease free. But Scripture makes it clear that physical wellness is not the only area that impacts health. In order to be TRULY healthy, we have to focus on four areas: spiritual health, emotional health, mental health, and physical health.
This podcast dives deep into the tools and head knowledge you will need in order to create lasting results, but it also looks at the element that truly ties it all together – the heart knowledge that incorporates faith in God in this area of our lives and how to apply it when things get tough (and they will!).
I wanted to create a space to let you know you are never alone on this journey. Through years of experience in doing everything the WRONG way, I am here to share my journey of getting healthy from the inside out – ditching the restriction and diet culture and truly learning to treat my body as the temple God intended it to be.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I discuss healthy habits to incorporate in your daily life to propel you forward and FEED YOURSELF on your journey to health in all areas: mind, body, and soul!