SHOW NOTES: Episode 22
Where do you turn when you need to find true joy?
Today I wanted to share with you an article that I had the privilege of writing for the Coaches Wives Ministry about false comfort vs. true joy.
I talk about being a creature of habit and turning to things to help us find comfort. I share with you how we aren’t meant to do this alone. God is such an important part of our journey when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight. We often still turn to food for comfort rather than Him. That only leaves us satisfied for a moment. Long term satisfaction and true joy are only found in Jesus. Let’s turn to Him. If we commit to turning to God, the bread of life, rather than food, we will find true peace and true joy
Thank you for tuning in! I hope you enjoyed this episode. If so, please leave me a rating or review and connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- False Comfort vs. True Joy
- Where true joy can be found – in Jesus
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Do you want to learn more about the Coaches Wives’ Ministry? Check them out on Facebook or Instagram!
- Check out last week’s episode here.
- Connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
- Let’s chat more about Amanda and I’s upcoming 6 month group coaching program “Feel Wonderful in Your Skin.” Book a call to chat more about it!
- Are you looking to improve your relationship with food and end the yo-yo, constant dieting and make the changes you need while being able to fully live your life? Let’s talk more! Submit this form and let’s chat!
- Want healthy lifestyle tips and encouragement? Join me over in my free Facebook community: Heart, Soul, Mind, & Body Wellness
MORE ABOUT FEED YOURSELF: HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE MIND, BODY, & SOUL PODCAST:
Feed Yourself: Healthy Habits for the Mind, Body, & Soul is all about learning the key components of overall health based on Biblical principles. When most people think about getting in shape and becoming “healthy”, they immediately think about their physical health: losing weight, making exercise a priority, possessing flexibility and endurance, and remaining disease free. But Scripture makes it clear that physical wellness is not the only area that impacts health. In order to be TRULY healthy, we have to focus on four areas: spiritual health, emotional health, mental health, and physical health.
This podcast dives deep into the tools and head knowledge you will need in order to create lasting results, but it also looks at the element that truly ties it all together – the heart knowledge that incorporates faith in God in this area of our lives and how to apply it when things get tough (and they will!).
I wanted to create a space to let you know you are never alone on this journey. Through years of experience in doing everything the WRONG way, I am here to share my journey of getting healthy from the inside out – ditching the restriction and diet culture and truly learning to treat my body as the temple God intended it to be.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I discuss healthy habits to incorporate in your daily life to propel you forward and FEED YOURSELF on your journey to health in all areas: mind, body, and soul!