SHOW NOTES: Episode 31
There are a lot of positive things about social media and being able to connect online. It can be such a great way to keep in touch with loved ones and stay in loop about what’s going on in your area, as well as news around the world. As much as I truly love social media, there is also so much negative energy on it. Negative digital experiences can trigger anxiety and depression and affect self-esteem.
Doing a digital detox is a great way to find out if technology is holding you back from truly living the life you were designed to live. The results of unplugging can expand to multiple areas, from being more productive at work to deepening your relationships with God, family and friends.
Here are just some of the benefits of taking some time away from the digital life:
- Sharper focus: During a digital detox, you may find that you are more tuned in to your surroundings.
- Less stress: For some people, too much information can be stressful and overwhelming.
- Better social interactions: When you eliminate digital distractions, it creates more opportunities to pay attention to those around you.
- More control of your time: Taking a break from digital devices or media helps you combat compulsive use.
There is ZERO judgment here if you’ve let the online space and social media creep in a bit more than you’d like these days. In this digital age we live in, it’s really easy to do. I can’t wait to hear which version of a digital detox you will do and what steps you will take to improve this area of your health!
I hope you enjoyed this episode! If so, please leave me a rating or review and connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
In this episode, I cover:
- Signs that it may be time to digitally disconnect
- Benefits of taking some time away from the digital life
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
- Are you looking to improve your relationship with food and end the yo-yo, constant dieting, and make the changes you need while being able to fully live your life? Let’s talk more! Submit this form and let’s chat!
- Want healthy lifestyle tips and encouragement? Join me over in my free Facebook community: Heart, Soul, Mind, & Body Wellness
MORE ABOUT FEED YOURSELF: HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE MIND, BODY, & SOUL PODCAST:
Feed Yourself: Healthy Habits for the Mind, Body, & Soul is all about learning the key components of overall health based on Biblical principles. When most people think about getting in shape and becoming “healthy”, they immediately think about their physical health: losing weight, making exercise a priority, possessing flexibility and endurance, and remaining disease free. But Scripture makes it clear that physical wellness is not the only area that impacts health. In order to be TRULY healthy, we have to focus on four areas: spiritual health, emotional health, mental health, and physical health.
This podcast dives deep into the tools and head knowledge you will need in order to create lasting results, but it also looks at the element that truly ties it all together – the heart knowledge that incorporates faith in God in this area of our lives and how to apply it when things get tough (and they will!).
I wanted to create a space to let you know you are never alone on this journey. Through years of experience in doing everything the WRONG way, I am here to share my journey of getting healthy from the inside out – ditching the restriction and diet culture and truly learning to treat my body as the temple God intended it to be.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I discuss healthy habits to incorporate in your daily life to propel you forward and FEED YOURSELF on your journey to health in all areas: mind, body, and soul!