SHOW NOTES: Episode 46
Mindset is so important.
It shapes who we are and what we believe to be true. Mindset is important for every area of your life – spiritual life included. Your mindset can either help you grow in faith or keep you stuck in old thought patterns.
I believe there are 3 important mindset shifts for spiritual growth.
1. See everything as for my good and His glory.
This is huge. When you choose to see things as happening to help you instead of harm you, that is where true faith begins. You can align yourself with God’s truth for you and who He called you to be when you make this mindset shift.
2. Look at your past with gratitude and grace.
Give yourself grace. No matter what your past looks like, give yourself grace. Everything in your life has brought you here for this moment and the life you are living now. Your past shaped you into the person you are. You’re still here because you have work left to do and God is here to help guide you through it. You can’t change the past but you don’t have to stay stuck there.
3. Focus within.
All of the answers you are searching for are inside of your already. God gave you your vision AND the ability to follow through with it. The Holy Spirit dwells within you.I cannot wait to see where your walk with God will go when you use these three mindset shifts. When you reframe your way of thinking, you are able to move forward in your spiritual health.Thank you for tuning in! I hope this episode helped you. I’d love to chat more about it on Instagram (@rachelmeigsking)!
In this episode, we cover:
- The three mindset shifts that can help you grow in your spiritual health
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Check out episode 1: why fat’s don’t make you fat!
- Are you looking to improve your relationship with food and end the yo-yo, constant dieting and make the changes you need while being able to fully live your life? Let’s talk more! Submit this form and let’s chat!
- Follow A Body of Grace on Instagram: @abodyofgrace
- Connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
- Want your official Caffeine, Protein, & Jesus merchandise? Shop here and use the code “BODYOFGRACE” at checkout.
- Want healthy lifestyle tips and encouragement? Join me over in my free Facebook community: Encouraging Christian Weight Loss
MORE ABOUT FEED YOURSELF: HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE MIND, BODY, & SOUL PODCAST:
Feed Yourself: Healthy Habits for the Mind, Body, & Soul is all about learning the key components of overall health based on Biblical principles. When most people think about getting in shape and becoming “healthy”, they immediately think about their physical health: losing weight, making exercise a priority, possessing flexibility and endurance, and remaining disease free. But Scripture makes it clear that physical wellness is not the only area that impacts health. In order to be TRULY healthy, we have to focus on four areas: spiritual health, emotional health, mental health, and physical health.
This podcast dives deep into the tools and head knowledge you will need in order to create lasting results, but it also looks at the element that truly ties it all together – the heart knowledge that incorporates faith in God in this area of our lives and how to apply it when things get tough (and they will!).
I wanted to create a space to let you know you are never alone on this journey. Through years of experience in doing everything the WRONG way, I am here to share my journey of getting healthy from the inside out – ditching the restriction and diet culture and truly learning to treat my body as the temple God intended it to be.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I discuss healthy habits to incorporate in your daily life to propel you forward and FEED YOURSELF on your journey to health in all areas: mind, body, and soul!