SHOW NOTES: Episode 16
On today’s episode, I am chatting with Haili Murch, my podcast manager. We are diving into postpartum depression and anxiety. I think it’s such an important topic to talk about to raise awareness about because I feel like there aren’t enough conversations about it. First and foremost, make sure that you reach out to a medical professional for help if you are experiencing this. It’s okay to talk about it and it’s okay to get help.
Haili shares about her experience, the stigma that surrounds depression and anxiety especially for Christian women, and she shares her top tips for someone that’s currently in this season of life. We chat about misconceptions around postpartum depression and anxiety and the importance of seeking help.
This was a great conversation with Haili on a topic that is so important to talk about. I’d love to know what you thought of today’s episode on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Postpartum depression and postpartum anxiety
- Stigma around depression and anxiety especially for Christians
- Misconceptions around postpartum depression
- Importance of seeking help
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Connect with Haili on her website or on Instagram: @hailimurch!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
- Are you looking to improve your relationship with food and end the yo-yo, constant dieting, and make the changes you need while being able to fully live your life? Let’s talk more! Submit this form and let’s chat!
- Want healthy lifestyle tips and encouragement? Join me over in my free Facebook community: Heart, Soul, Mind, & Body Wellness
MORE ABOUT FEED YOURSELF: HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE MIND, BODY, & SOUL PODCAST:
Feed Yourself: Healthy Habits for the Mind, Body, & Soul is all about learning the key components of overall health based on Biblical principles. When most people think about getting in shape and becoming “healthy”, they immediately think about their physical health: losing weight, making exercise a priority, possessing flexibility and endurance, and remaining disease free. But Scripture makes it clear that physical wellness is not the only area that impacts health. In order to be TRULY healthy, we have to focus on four areas: spiritual health, emotional health, mental health, and physical health.
This podcast dives deep into the tools and head knowledge you will need in order to create lasting results, but it also looks at the element that truly ties it all together – the heart knowledge that incorporates faith in God in this area of our lives and how to apply it when things get tough (and they will!).
I wanted to create a space to let you know you are never alone on this journey. Through years of experience in doing everything the WRONG way, I am here to share my journey of getting healthy from the inside out – ditching the restriction and diet culture and truly learning to treat my body as the temple God intended it to be.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I discuss healthy habits to incorporate in your daily life to propel you forward and FEED YOURSELF on your journey to health in all areas: mind, body, and soul!