SHOW NOTES: Episode 9
Today I have Kristie Kennedy on the show and we’re going to be talking about rising above your inner critic. Kristie is the image competence expert and a TEDx audacious leadership keynote speaker and authentic lifestyle author. She specializes in four areas of peak performance and is a certified radical resilience coach who builds powerhouse mindsets equipped for success.
Kristie shares her top tips for for rising above the loud voice of your own inner critic, more about women and moms feeling guilty for scheduling time for themselves and the importance of it. We chat more about how we should release ourselves from the guilt of of scheduling time for yourself, the reason we should invest in ourselves first. Kristie and I chat about normalizing “laying down the Superwoman cape”. Kristie shares more about worthiness and the common misconceptions that people have around worthiness, self-compassion, recognizing that we are made in God’s image and his likeness, and remembering that no matter how bad life gets, you are still precious and worthy. There is no one else like you in this world. You were given a purpose. This conversation was a great one! Tune in to hear all that Kristie and I talk about.
Thank you for tuning in! I hope you enjoyed this episode! If so, please leave me a rating or review and connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Kristie’s tips for rising above your inner critic
- Letting go of the guilt of scheduling time for yourself
- The reason to invest in yourself first
- Common misconceptions people have around worthiness
- Recognizing that we are made in God’s image and likeness
- Remembering that no matter how bad life gets you are precious and worthy
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Connect with Kristie on her website: www.queenfidence.com or on Instagram: @kristieykennedy
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
- Are you looking to improve your relationship with food and end the yo-yo, constant dieting, and make the changes you need while being able to fully live your life? Let’s talk more! Submit this form and let’s chat!
- Want healthy lifestyle tips and encouragement? Join me over in my free Facebook community: Heart, Soul, Mind, & Body Wellness
MORE ABOUT FEED YOURSELF: HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE MIND, BODY, & SOUL PODCAST:
Feed Yourself: Healthy Habits for the Mind, Body, & Soul is all about learning the key components of overall health based on Biblical principles. When most people think about getting in shape and becoming “healthy”, they immediately think about their physical health: losing weight, making exercise a priority, possessing flexibility and endurance, and remaining disease free. But Scripture makes it clear that physical wellness is not the only area that impacts health. In order to be TRULY healthy, we have to focus on four areas: spiritual health, emotional health, mental health, and physical health.
This podcast dives deep into the tools and head knowledge you will need in order to create lasting results, but it also looks at the element that truly ties it all together – the heart knowledge that incorporates faith in God in this area of our lives and how to apply it when things get tough (and they will!).
I wanted to create a space to let you know you are never alone on this journey. Through years of experience in doing everything the WRONG way, I am here to share my journey of getting healthy from the inside out – ditching the restriction and diet culture and truly learning to treat my body as the temple God intended it to be.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I discuss healthy habits to incorporate in your daily life to propel you forward and FEED YOURSELF on your journey to health in all areas: mind, body, and soul!