SHOW NOTES: Episode 8
Do you like to workout in the mornings or the evenings?
Some people love morning workouts as part of their routine. Other people cannot possible fathom waking up earlier than necessary especially to work out. The people who enjoy evening workouts typically like them to help them destress and decompress from the day’s events.
So, does it make a difference whether you workout in the morning or the evening? Yes and no.
The best time to exercise is whenever the best time is for you to do it consistently.
Those who make fitness a priority and workout consistently see more weight loss and better results over time. Studies show your body adapts to your routine. If you condition your body to work out in the mornings, you will get better results in the mornings whereas if your body is conditioned to working out in the evenings, you will get better results in the evenings.
So what are the benefits of both morning and evening workouts?
- When you exercise on an empty stomach, you actually burn more fat than when you exercise after eating.
- Working out in the mornings may help improve your sleep cycle.
- Working out in the morning can set you up to establish a solid fitness regimen. – far less excuses when you knock out your workout at the beginning of the day
- They can help relieve stress
- You have hormones working in your favor. Your body produces more testosterone in the afternoon. And this is important for muscle building.
- Most people physically function better later in the day
- Evening workouts use less oxygen which can make workouts more effective and can help with endurance and performance.
- The most important thing is not the time of day that you choose to workout but that you are making sure that you are getting it done. Choose a time that works best for you and your lifestyle and stay consistent with it.
Thank you for tuning in! I hope you enjoyed this episode! If so, please leave me a rating or review and connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Morning vs evening workouts
- Benefits of morning workouts
- Benefits of evening workouts
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
- Are you looking to improve your relationship with food and end the yo-yo, constant dieting, and make the changes you need while being able to fully live your life? Let’s talk more! Submit this form and let’s chat!
- Want healthy lifestyle tips and encouragement? Join me over in my free Facebook community: Heart, Soul, Mind, & Body Wellness
MORE ABOUT FEED YOURSELF: HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE MIND, BODY, & SOUL PODCAST:
Feed Yourself: Healthy Habits for the Mind, Body, & Soul is all about learning the key components of overall health based on Biblical principles. When most people think about getting in shape and becoming “healthy”, they immediately think about their physical health: losing weight, making exercise a priority, possessing flexibility and endurance, and remaining disease free. But Scripture makes it clear that physical wellness is not the only area that impacts health. In order to be TRULY healthy, we have to focus on four areas: spiritual health, emotional health, mental health, and physical health.
This podcast dives deep into the tools and head knowledge you will need in order to create lasting results, but it also looks at the element that truly ties it all together – the heart knowledge that incorporates faith in God in this area of our lives and how to apply it when things get tough (and they will!).
I wanted to create a space to let you know you are never alone on this journey. Through years of experience in doing everything the WRONG way, I am here to share my journey of getting healthy from the inside out – ditching the restriction and diet culture and truly learning to treat my body as the temple God intended it to be.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I discuss healthy habits to incorporate in your daily life to propel you forward and FEED YOURSELF on your journey to health in all areas: mind, body, and soul!