SHOW NOTES: Episode 7
On today’s episode I have special guest, Dana Skoglund. We’re going to be diving into emotional self-care and how to deal with uncomfortable emotions. Dana is known as the teacher’s teacher and a community leader. She has also been teaching yoga since 2005. She realized that in order to help people feel better outside of the yoga class, she needed to help them transform their daily habits and mindset. Dana’s passion is contagious and I’m so excited to have her on the podcast today.
Dana shares with us a little more about herself and how she got started in doing what she does – teaching how to take care of your body and daily habits and routine but also how to take care of your emotions and mind. We chat more about what emotional self-care really is, including the three ways that we have been taught to handle our emotions in life and how to handle those uncomfortable emotions including tangible steps that you can put into place to handle these uncomfortable emotions.
We chat more about helping our kids with the process of handling their emotions, how to change our habits around emotions, the three E method of behavioral change that Dana created, celebrating the wins, self-care, and making sure that we are checking in with ourselves every day. Dana reminds us to take a moment and ask your self, what do I need today? Honoring that and really giving yourself what you need is so important.
Thank you for tuning in! I hope you enjoyed this episode! If so, please leave me a rating or review and connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- Emotional self-care
- The three ways we have been taught to handle our emotions
- How to handle uncomfortable emotions
- Tangible steps you can put into place to handle these emotions
- Helping our kids handle their emotions
- How to change our habits around emotions
- The three E method of behavior change
- Celebrating wins
- Checking in with ourselves daily
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Connect with Dana on her website, Instagram, Facebook, or Youtube!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Connect with me on Instagram: @rachelmeigsking
- Are you looking to improve your relationship with food and end the yo-yo, constant dieting, and make the changes you need while being able to fully live your life? Let’s talk more! Submit this form and let’s chat!
- Want healthy lifestyle tips and encouragement? Join me over in my free Facebook community: Heart, Soul, Mind, & Body Wellness
MORE ABOUT FEED YOURSELF: HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE MIND, BODY, & SOUL PODCAST:
Feed Yourself: Healthy Habits for the Mind, Body, & Soul is all about learning the key components of overall health based on Biblical principles. When most people think about getting in shape and becoming “healthy”, they immediately think about their physical health: losing weight, making exercise a priority, possessing flexibility and endurance, and remaining disease free. But Scripture makes it clear that physical wellness is not the only area that impacts health. In order to be TRULY healthy, we have to focus on four areas: spiritual health, emotional health, mental health, and physical health.
This podcast dives deep into the tools and head knowledge you will need in order to create lasting results, but it also looks at the element that truly ties it all together – the heart knowledge that incorporates faith in God in this area of our lives and how to apply it when things get tough (and they will!).
I wanted to create a space to let you know you are never alone on this journey. Through years of experience in doing everything the WRONG way, I am here to share my journey of getting healthy from the inside out – ditching the restriction and diet culture and truly learning to treat my body as the temple God intended it to be.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I discuss healthy habits to incorporate in your daily life to propel you forward and FEED YOURSELF on your journey to health in all areas: mind, body, and soul!