Has “busy” become your way of life? Get your balance back by marking off the items on the checklist below!
- Plan a date with a bath or good book. Be sure to keep it, just like you would a business appointment.
- Learn to say “no” to tasks or events that drain energy and do not benefit your personal or professional life.
- Combine tasks. For example, fill prescriptions where you buy groceries.
- Set priorities, then sort your list in order of importance.
- Outsource time-consuming chores. Hire a teen to mow your lawn. Have groceries delivered.
- Schedule one fun activity per week. Give yourself something to look forward to when things get crazy!
- Turn off the TV. Resist the urge to watch the late show, and go to bed. You will be amazed at how much better you feel the next morning.
- Work exercise into your day. Take a walk at lunch, use the stairs instead of the elevator, or add a gym-time reminder to your calendar.
- Live in the moment. Sometimes things are just more important than work deadlines. God first, family second, and the rest will fall into place!
*Adapted courtesy of WebMD